I absolutely LOVE the texture and consistency of this healing balm. I’ve been making my own lotions for several years and this is definitely my new favorite.
It is a bit greasy (which is why it works!), so make sure to wear old clothes (I apply to my legs at night and wear pajamas over) or if you’re applying it to your hands, cover with cotton gloves until it’s all absorbed (this is great overnight).
Castor Oil Healing Balm
- 2.5T Castor Oil*
- 1T Sweet Almond oil
- 4T Avocado oil
- 6T Shea butter
- 4T organic beeswax pellets
- 8T organic coconut oil
- 30 drops Young Living Lavender essential oil (buy here)
- In a double boiler on the stove, melt together all ingredients except the Lavender essential oil. The beeswax pellets will take the longest to melt. Stir frequently.
- Once the mix is melted, remove from heat and stir in the Lavender essential oil.
- Moving quickly, pour the mixture into the mason jars.
- Place on the counter or in the fridge to set.
- Apply to skin, enjoy, and repeat!
*Castor Oil is great for pulling out toxins, but that also means its especially important to buy Castor Oil that comes in a GLASS jar. You don’t want Castor Oil in a plastic container.